About MP Pension

The pension fund for Danish M.A’s, M.Sc.’s and Ph.D’s who are employed in the public sector at universities and upper secondary schools.

This section, which provides a summary of the general coverage in your pension scheme (flexible scheme), also presents an overview of the many options available in our flexible scheme that allow you to adapt your coverage to suit your needs and those of your family. Here is a summary of how you are covered with regards to your pension scheme, considering that you have not opted for an alternative form of benefits. There is also the possibilty of adapting your cover so it matches the needs of your family.

The rules can vary depending on your terms of employment, just as a transitional scheme might apply depending on when you were admitted to the pension fund. The exact details are listed in Rules & Paragraphs.

The described pension, relates to the scheme created within your union agreement (compulsory membership) regardless of your admission date, whether it is after 1 January 2008 or if you have opted for the flexible pension scheme with effect from 1 January 2009. The rules might vary, if you have changed from the old to the flexible pension scheme. See the transitions here.

Read more about your coverage here

It is possible to insert a beneficiary (one or more) on your capital pension and/or expiring annuity pension, along with your group life insurance.

Unless you have agreed otherwise with us, your next-of-kin will receive the money from your schemes or group life insurance. 

You have tax deduction for your pension contributions. As a result of this the Danish Pension Taxation Law restricts who you can insert as beneficiaries on your pension scheme. According to the law, you can insert the following people as beneficiaries; next-of-kin, spouse/registered partner (also divorced spouses), a named cohabitant and/or children (also stepchildren, cohabitants children and the heirs of these), as you don't have tax deduction for your group life insurance, the restrictions don't apply for the group life insurance.

Estate tax
According to the Estate tax law, an Estate tax will be levied on the possessions left by the deceased, in this scenario a capital pension and/or expiring annuity pension, will be seen as a possession. The pension fund withholds the Estate tax before disbursement. The size of the Estate tax depends on who the recipient is, and varies from 0%, 15% and 36,25%. Spouses are exempt from the Estate tax.

Because many disagreements can be solved through dialogue, which is often the best solution for all parties involved, we would like to ask you to please contact the department in charge of handling your case prior to contacting the complaints manager if you disagree with the outcome of your case.

Complaint resolution procedures
If after having contacted the relevant department, you still disagree with the outcome of your case, you are welcome to write to the pension funds complaints officer 
Maja Bøge Crichton, and she will assess your case. Serving as a liaison between the administration and the member registering a complaint, Maja Bøge Crichton is responsible for correctly handling complaints about the administration's decisions.

If you would like to register a complaint, please contact our complaints officer Maja Bøge Crichton: post@unipension.dk

The Insurance Complaints Board
If the disagreement remains after the complaint officer and possibly the Board has considered the case, you can bring your case to The Insurance Complaints Board:

Ankenævnet for Forsikring (The Insurance Complaints Board)
Anker Heegaards Gade 2, 1.
1572 København V
Tlf. 33 15 89 00 (kl. 10-13)

You can send a complaint to The Insurance Complaints Board by completing a complaint form, which you can download at www.ankeforsikring.dk

When you complain, you must pay a fee of DKK 200 to The Insurance Complaints Board. The fee will be paid back to you if The Insurance Complaints Board decides fully or partly in your favour. As a rule we follow The Insurance Complaints Boards decision.  We may, however, within 30 days announce that we will not follow the decision. Until now we have always followed the decisions of The Insurance Complaints Board.

The courts or arbitration
Instead of bringing a case to The Insurance Complaints Board you can:

  • Bring your case to the courts or
  • Require settlement through arbitration

You can also bring your case to the courts if The Insurance Complaints Board has not decided in your favour, or we have announced that we will not follow the decision from The Insurance Complaints Board.

European Commission's online complaint portal
European Commission's online complaint portal can also be used when you want to complain. It is relevant if you reside in another EU country.
Go to the European Commission´s complaint portal.
When you complain you have to enter our mail address: post@unipension.dk

Din feedback er vigtig for os

Levede denne side op til dine forventninger?

Hvordan kan vi forbedre denne side?

Tak for dit svar.

Du er velkommen til at udfylde formularen herunder, med uddybende kommentarer. Vi vil bruge kommentarerne til løbende at forbedre vores hjemmeside.

Ønsker du svar fra os, bedes du benytte vores kontaktformular.

Tak for din kommentar.

Vi sætter pris på, at du hjælper os med at vurdere, om indholdet er godt nok.